A few noteworthy places:
- Colorado National Monument: the Monument is worthy of National Park status but the locals want to keep it to ourselves. Huge spires, steep cliffs, and great vistas can be seen by driving through or taking one of the several hikes, amazingly close to Grand Junction.
- Grand Mesa: Enjoy this lush alpine forest, dotted with 300+ mountain lakes.
- More local stuff: hikes within a few minutes of the winery, most are short but can still be strenuously steep.
- Mount Garfield: Look North and you can’t miss this prominent point. Rising above 8000 feet in less than 3 miles very steep but you’ll enjoy great views.
- Palisade Rim Trail: Travel up to the East part of the Valley, you’ll get excellent views West into Palisade. Petroglyphs can be seen on this steep trail.
- Horse Mountain: Open to hiking, mountain biking, and off road vehicles, this is also a good place to hike with dogs.
Back to Things to Do